Monday, May 16, 2022

Dreamliving

Tulum
-------------------------

It's been about two weeks since I got back from Tulum and I can't believe who I am right now.  

I feel so proud of myself mostly as I garnered up the courage to just pickup and leave on a solo vacation to focus on yoga and simply just breathing in and feeling absolute joy for no other reason than because I wanted to.

Mom guilt aside I did something just for me.  A dream really.  I found myself walking barefoot, feeling the sand between my toes, wearing little clothing, not brushing my hair for days, practicing yoga twice a day, and just drinking up the fresh air, savoring the fruit and the sun and the silence. It was truly magical.  I drank plenty, ate well, and enjoyed the hell out of my own company.  The world is so increasingly fucken loud, it's like there is not one moment left to hear ourselves out, our own thoughts, to just exist and be and think and reflect.  I was so done with so much shit happening to me, I suppose I just wanted to feel like I was driving things for a moment.  So there I was, cocooned into a green hammock, staring out the window of my room which so perfectly sat in front of the beach, such beautiful turquoise waters that inevitably heal.  I felt so blessed and so loved by the universe.  Like wow, how in the world am I living these moments.  I tried to look and pay attention, be mindful and ever so present and I swear sometimes the shadows just greeted me, so much we don't actually pay attention to on the daily.  Anyway, I'm back home and I feel so excited to practice this here; to see to really see my life as it unfolds and perhaps find ways, in my daily life, to react less, and just fucken enjoy the ordinary moments just a little bit more.  Today I watched my boys play in the sprinklers.  No ocean but the sea of grass and our crazy dog Remy juxtaposed behind giant smiles - the kind you want to remember for eternity.  Anyway life is yummy right now.  Sunshine, yoga, business, family, and lots of watering of not just my plants but this life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment