Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our Anniversario...

This is a belated post...i've been so out of it lately...but i wanted to go ahead and hit publish on this old entry i had saved in my drafts...so here it is...more posts coming soon....

Sometimes i feel so grateful that despite all the shit that sometimes crowds my thoughts and my life...i'm extremely lucky...because no matter what goes down...i know that right beside me there is this amazing person...who will look at me like i'm nuts and love me anyway...his name is Ray, but for the last two years i have had the privilege of calling him "my husband," and damn does that feel so good!

It has meant that I have a best friend who will love me when I'm at my best and won't completely hate me when I'm at my worst, it has meant that when I least expect it, I will be surprized, hugged, loved, spoiled, and best of all understood.

This last Tuesday, August 24th, we celebrated our two year anniversary.

Our intention or the plan was that we were going to celebrate this upcoming weekend since it landed on a Tuesday, but Ray surprized me by taking the day off of work and we made a day of it in Tucson.  My words cannot even begin to capture how happy he made me.

Monday afternoon I received a text from Ray stating "are you ready for a mission?"
Confused, I replied "sure...what's going on..."  my initial thoughts were that he needed me to run an errand for him or something related to our bills..I'm not sure I was completely not thinking...

So next thing you know he states...once again..."i said are you ready for a mission..yes or no"
so i told him yes and he replied "okay then..your first task is to pack our bags with one change of clothes/toothbrushes, etc., you must complete this by 3 pm"  So...I agreed, and next thing you know..we are driving into the sunset like lovers.  It was absolutely wonderful.  We went to the melting pot and stuffed ourselves with chocolate and cheese.  The rest is history :)

i love love love my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment